Monday, January 19, 2009

Tarte Aux Pommes


[Not an actual pic]
This tarte is unbelievably easy and fast to make so jazz up the name if you have too :)

I am willing to go out on a limb here and say this is the worlds easiest Apple Pie, one which I absolutely love. No this is not the extent of my cooking, my recipe for pickling your own herring and liver saute will follow but I decided to start easy. Make this and you will be the consummate All-American Chef, all that's missing is an entree and a main dish :)

3 Apples peeled and sliced (whatever kind you prefer, I generally use green macintosh, I like the tartness but red or yellow is fine too)

3/4 Cup Sugar

1 1/4 stick margarine

1 egg

1 Cup Flour

Slice the apples and place them on the bottom of a pie dish. A standard size round one (9 or 10 inches or so I don't really know what "standard" is) will be fine.
Next, melt the margarine in a large mixing bowl (microwaving it is fine). Then add in the sugar, egg, and flour and stir until it is a smooth batter-like mixture.
Pour this mixture over the apples and bake on 350 for approximately 40 minutes until done (depending on the oven, cooking time will vary).

That's it! Congratulations you have dessert for any occasion.

Serving Suggestion - Chill and serve cold, but then again I like all m cake either cold or frozen so you may enjoy this one hot. whatever gets you going I guess :)

1 comment:

nameless, faceless said...

Hey, I make this same exact thing with cherries! You're stealing my stuff, now?